Addiction is a family disease. This means that spouses, parents, siblings, and children are often negatively affected, anyone can increase this list. At All Heart, we understand that not just the one who is suffering from addiction is affected.
Addiction does not affect just the addict. When family systems take on the role of an addict the family compensates one way or another. Whether your loved one is in active addiction or active recovery a change in lifestyle is vital for family members. We can consult with the family to navigate getting the proper help their love one needs.
The All Heart family recovery coaches aim to guide you in:
- Improving communication skills
- Education on the disease of addiction
- Setting boundaries
- Holding boundaries
- Family support groups
- Detaching with love
- Working through dysfunctional roles in the here and now
- Family recovery plans to ensure active Al-Anon participation
- Discussing difficult topics
- Rebuilding trust
- Navigating enabling behavior
- Education on family dynamics
- Resolving conflict
- Treatment Placement
- Recovery Resources
At All Heart Consulting and Coaching, we strive to educate the families on enabling and codependent behavior. These behaviors can be a subconscious reaction and often go unchecked, they can also lead the loved one to relapse.